Saturday, January 15, 2011

Jan 15th, end of an era/starting fresh.



This blog post is the end of an era: what will life bring me?

It is the start of a new chapter: make it happen.



Maybe you are a little like me? I am aware and open to whatever opportunities life brings. I walk through the french doors that beckon on a consistent basis. I am grateful for what falls into my lap. I take advantage of the people, relationships, experiences and successes that are at my fingertips and do the best that I can with these on a daily basis. Sounds good right? 
But something is not right. Intuitively I feel this. It feels a bit like gray; like heavy bags; the morning after too much wine; taking a spin class after a milkshake and so on.
In other words not: good, happy or light.



Truth time, I have not been breaking down any doors. I have not been going after a great and lofty goal with passion, persistence and perseverance. I have been coasting a bit. The ride has been really great, so the complacency comes easily and does not feel awful.



Once I acknowledged this anti-force going on 
- this resistance to greatness
I cannot ignore it. And so I am starting fresh. 
I am moving out of my comfort zone. 

And the first kick in the ass is to start a blog. 

And...

GO.

 

3 comments:

  1. COMMENTS WELCOME ALL! Share your own journey. xxo-B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok-Im commenting! :) I have been really anxious these past couple months- and I realize I have been coasting- through life, work and my health- and that deep down it just isnt working for me. I've been doing yoga and watching how I'm fulling my body and Im feeling better and stronger. Im owning up to my intelligence and taking on risks and responsibilities at work. Ive been burned but at least my self-respect is back! How 'bout that BALM?! Looking forward to seeing where our journeys lead us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara - LOVE to hear today (2/7) that you are sticking with the yoga!!! FOUR TIMES A WEEK is nothing to bat your lashes at -- that rocks. A little burn never killed anyone -- just get back up. LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete